Accomplishing your goals requires action. Stop waiting for the perfect time. You can create the perfect time. Pick a time relatively soon and realistic to your goal needs and put that goal into your calendar.
This means you need to:
- Pick a start date and time for your ultimate goal
- Set proper and realistic deadlines
- Fully understand the tasks needed to reach your goal
- Then schedule times and deadlines for each task required to reach your ultimate goal.
Adding your goals to your calendar forms a sense of commitment and re-establishes your sense of purpose or direction. It develops healthy routines and habits that inspire you to stay on track and keep you working towards your goals. It’s a great way to create instant motivation. When you can see it, you are more likely to want to get it done.
Essential Things to Keep in Mind When Goal Setting:
- What is the end or ultimate goal?
- How much time do you need? Have you timed yourself doing these tasks before? What if you don’t get as much sleep?
- Are there things that could protentional go wrong or get in your way?
- Who needs to do it? Can you complete each task or do some things that require help from others?
- Group similar tasks and utilize technology to work more productively and save you time.
- Get the most crucial items out of your way but keep in mind that little tasks add up over time.
- Once you set a time, stick to it and don’t permit yourself to change it.
These are important questions and tips to keep in mind so you can pick the right deadline for your goal. You don’t want to create the opposite reaction and turn your goal into a nightmare because you took on too much work too fast. Slower is better than rushing it and pushing out shoddy quality work or products.
Research shows that more time is better for creativity anyways; however, just like too little time can have the opposite reaction, so can too much time. You must be realistic and take the time to evaluate. On the other hand, get going. Don’t wait or sabotage yourself any longer.
The most productive and successful people utilize their calendars any moment they can.
Overall, the number one tip to achieving your goals and improving your time management skill and productivity is setting deadlines, adding them to your calendar, and then sticking to them. The more you schedule, the more you will achieve.