Every piece of content that you create should be worked into your email marketing in some way. If people have signed up for your email list they want to be reminded about the content you’re producing. They don’t want to miss out. It’s your job to ensure that no one in your audience misses out on the value you offer them via the key pieces of content that you create.
- Pull out a Quote – Any key content is going to have quotes inside from either someone well-known in your niche or from you. Pull those quotes out to make them stand out, and use that quote as fodder for an email about that topic linking the reader to the key content that it came from.
- Pull out a Statistic – You can also pull out a stat that you find super interesting and telling. For example, “Re-sharing content doubles views.” This can be the new title of a case study that shows exactly how that works.
- Pull out a Fact – Key content also, of course, has facts included. When you can pull out a fact that you can use as the beginning of a new email while also linking back to the key content you’ve created new information for the email reader but you’re staying true to what you wrote before.
- Tell a Story – Another way to work your key content into your emails so that you can link to them for your audience to consume is to tell them a story. Let them know why you created the content and what you hope that they get out of it. Knowing the background information will go far to helping develop trust.
- Share a Case Study – If you shared your key content in the past, you likely have some case studies by now regarding others who have taken your advice within the key content. Ask them to share their story, then you share it via email linking back to the content that changed their lives.
- Use a Testimonial – Has someone else read your key content and made comments about it that were useful to you? Pull out that testimonial or comment use it to start your email regarding the content. When your audience sees what someone else has done with the information they’re going to be more likely to click through.
As you can see, incorporating the key content pieces that you create into your emails isn’t as hard as you may think. Remember that every line of content you create can be torn apart and repurposed in multiple ways. When you think about that, it makes it so much easier to create email content for your audience that will boost revenues more than you think.
Until the end of November, we will be talking exclusively about content marketing.
We’ll walk you through all the details of not only what it is, but more importantly what you can do to use content to market your business, your products, and your services. We get into the “how to” details and we have plenty of strategies you can try for yourself.
We’ve prepared a workbook to help you prepare a content marketing plan. Download it for FREE.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE WORKBOOK: Content Marketing Plan