If you own a small business, you know how important content is for marketing your products or services. However, coming up with fresh ideas for content can be tough. That’s where brainstorming comes in. Brainstorming generates new ideas for content. Brainstorming offers many different techniques that you can use to get the creative juices flowing.
Here are five of the best:
- Mind Mapping – Mind mapping works excellent for people who are visual learners. To mind map, start by taking a piece of paper and drawing a circle in the center. Write your content topic in the center circle. Then, draw additional circles around the center circle. In each new circle, write down an idea related to your content topic. Continue adding ideas until you have exhausted all possibilities.
- SWOT Analysis – A SWOT analysis is a great way to brainstorm content ideas based on your business’s strengths, weaknesses, outlook, and competition. To do a SWOT analysis, start by making four lists for each of the SWOT categories. Then, look at each list and brainstorm content ideas that fall into each category. For example, if one of your business’s strengths is offering a unique product, brainstorm an article or blog post about why your product is so special.
- Listing – Listing is a simple but effective brainstorming technique. To list, simply take a piece of paper and write down all of the ideas that come to mind related to your content topic. You don’t need to worry if the ideas or good just yet. Just get them all down on paper. Once you have your list of ideas, you can start crossing off the ones that aren’t feasible or don’t fit your brand.
- Brainwriting – Brainwriting is a great brainstorming technique for introverts or for people who don’t like talking out loud. To brain write, start by writing down your content topic at the top of a piece of paper. Then, set a timer for five minutes. Now start writing down all of the ideas that come to mind related to your topic. When the timer goes off, stop writing. Now pass your paper to the person next to you. Then, set the timer for another five minutes and start writing down all the ideas that come to mind based on what the other person wrote. Continue passing the paper around and brainstorming until you have exhausted all possibilities.
- Round Robin – Round robin brainstorming is great for groups. To do a round-robin, start by writing your content topic at the top of a piece of paper. Then, ask them to write down one idea related to the topic. Once everyone has had a turn, go around the room again and have each person write down one idea based on what the previous person wrote. Continue going around the room until you have exhausted all possibilities.
Overall, brainstorming is a great way to come up with new ideas for content. Using various techniques, you can increase your chances of coming up with fresh and innovative ideas for content that will help you reach your marketing goal.
Struggling To Come Up With Content Ideas?
Download our free guide + workbook: “How To Generate Neverending Content Ideas For Your Business”!
If you’re like most business owners, you understand the importance of content marketing. After all, without high-quality content, it would be nearly impossible to find your target audience, attract them and keep them around long-term. Content is key to generating the revenue you need to be successful. But how can you produce all the content you need?
In this free resource, you’ll discover:
- How to get laser-focused on your target audience
- How to effectively brainstorm content ideas
- How to find inspiration anywhere, at anytime
- How to create a repeatable content-creation process
- …and much more
Get Instant Access Today…
This resource gives you everything you need to get started creating your own effective content for your marketing. If you’re looking to launch a website, blog, or online business, this guide can help you create content that engages and retains your customers.
Yes! Please send me my free resource now