You understand the importance of having a steady stream of high-quality content to share with your audience. However, new content ideas can be a challenge. That’s where a content idea list comes in handy. A content idea list is simply a document, usually a Google Doc or Excel spreadsheet, where you brainstorm and track content ideas for your business. This is a great way to ensure that you always have fresh, relevant ideas to share with your audience. And it is a beneficial tool for getting unstuck and filling your mind with inspiration.
Try these tips on how to create a content idea list for your business:
- Brainstorm a List of Potential Topics – Start by brainstorming potential topics that are relevant to your audience. If you’re unsure where to start, think about the questions you often ask or the pain points your customers or clients experience.
- Research Those Topics – Once you have a list of topics, it’s time to do some research. First, use Google and other search engines to see what content is already out there on those topics. This will help you develop new angles and ideas for your own content.
- Create a Spreadsheet or Google Doc – Now it’s time to start tracking your ideas. Create a spreadsheet or Google Doc and list all the content ideas you came up with during your brainstorming and research. Be sure to include the following information for each concept:
- Brief description
- A potential format is a blog post, video, podcast episode, etc.
- Estimated word count
- Group Similar Ideas Together – Once you have the ideas listed out, take a look and see if there are any that could be grouped. For example, if you have a few ideas for blog posts that are all about the same general topic, you could group them and turn them into a series.
- Prioritize Your Ideas – Now it’s time to prioritize your ideas. First, start by looking at the overall goal of your content marketing strategy. What are you trying to achieve? After you have that goal in mind, you can start prioritizing your ideas based on how well they align with that goal.
- Revisit and Update – Don’t forget to keep this list updated. You will produce even more ideas as you create and share new content. So be sure to add those to your list and continue brainstorming regularly. Doing so will give you a fresh supply of ideas to keep your content marketing strategy moving forward.
Creating a content idea list is a great way to ensure that you always have fresh, relevant ideas to share with your audience. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily create a list of ideas that will help keep your content marketing strategy on track.
Struggling To Come Up With Content Ideas?
Download our free guide + workbook: “How To Generate Neverending Content Ideas For Your Business”!
If you’re like most business owners, you understand the importance of content marketing. After all, without high-quality content, it would be nearly impossible to find your target audience, attract them and keep them around long-term. Content is key to generating the revenue you need to be successful. But how can you produce all the content you need?
In this free resource, you’ll discover:
- How to get laser-focused on your target audience
- How to effectively brainstorm content ideas
- How to find inspiration anywhere, at anytime
- How to create a repeatable content-creation process
- …and much more
Get Instant Access Today…
This resource gives you everything you need to get started creating your own effective content for your marketing. If you’re looking to launch a website, blog, or online business, this guide can help you create content that engages and retains your customers.
Yes! Please send me my free resource now